THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Minggu, 07 November 2010

American Slang - A

Ace
Definisi ---> untuk mengerjakan hal yang sangat baik
ex:
I'm gonna ace the exam - I've been studying all day. ---> verb
Rukawa is ace basketball player in Japan. ---> adjective

Afro
Definisi ---> rambut keriting kribo, seperti rambut orang Afrika-Amerika
ex:
Did you see that guy ? His afro must have been two feet high

Airhead
Definisi ---> orang yang bodoh
ex:
I wouldn't ask Tina for the answer. She's an airhead.

All ears 
Definisi ---> mendengarkan dengan hati-hati; tajam dan penuh perhatian
ex:
I was all ears when Sunny told me exciting story

All-Nighter
Definisi ---> Waktu bekerja atau belajar melewati malam; belajar tanpa tidur
ex:
I pulled an all-nighter to study for my chemistry exam

An arm and leg
Definisi ---> sangat mahal
ex:
This dress cost me an arm and leg

Ants in ur pants
Definisi ---> nervous, khawatir, gugup
ex:
My son had ants in his pants, so I took him outside for some exercise

Armpit
Definisi ---> tempat yang tidak menyenangkan, jelek
ex:
This class is really armpit

At the end of your rope
Definisi ---> berada pada situasi yang sulit atau buruk
ex:
I'm at the end of my rope!I lost my handphone, my friend left me, and I don't have money to buy new handphone

Axe
Definisi ---> untuk mengeliminasi seseorang dari pekerjaannya, untuk mengakhiri pekerjaan
ex:
My boss axed me from that office after he found out I'd been playing game on the job


Lainnya :

Gaya ungkapan inggris 

0 komentar: